Sr. Data Engineer
About Avanade’s Data Engineering academy
Avanade’s Data Engineering Academy unites the brightest minds in data engineering and supports our strategic commitment to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Together, we are shaping the future of data engineering for our clients and communities around the world, through distinctive experiences, limitless learning, and ambitious growth.
Our inaugural academy session will focus on recruiting and training 20 top women data engineers across North America, providing them with credentials, confidence, and opportunities to take their careers to the next level. Avanade has pursued a purpose-driven strategy around inclusion and diversity, with an intimate focus on gender and under-representation of women in the tech industry. With a strong commitment and dedication to career development, we provide opportunities to ensure women have equal opportunity and progression.
Academy participants will have the opportunity to build knowledge and skills that will advance their careers in:
• Azure Data Engineering• Azure PaaS Services• Azure Data Integration and Transformation
This immersive, hands-on experience will ensure that the academy graduates will have the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver Avanade’s unique value and approach to client delivery success and are ready to complete Azure Data Fundamentals and Azure Data Engineering Associate Microsoft certifications.
Together, we go beyond to drive a genuine human impact.
Accepting Applications: May 9, 2022
Application Deadline: July 3, 2022
Avanade, full-time employment start date options: July 25, 2022, or August 2, 2022
Academy duration: August 8, 2022-August 26, 2022
Do you love making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You are a data engineer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
About the job
As a Data Engineer, you know the importance of data to the business. You design and set up solutions that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making.
Day to day, you will:
• Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse, modern data estate, and optimized storage implementations
• Take part in crafting and running bespoke data services for individual projects
• Stay up to date with business-standard methodology in using and retrieving data
• Design, develop, adapt, and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
• Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
You have experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share data, to enable the enterprise with usable/consumable information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share your knowledge and skills, as well as guide other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
• Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies – and how to apply them in business
• Focusing on structured problem solving
• Phenomenal communication and business awareness
• Working with ETL tools, Querying languages, and data repositories
• Working experience with the following Cloud platforms is a plus: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Gen 2), Alibaba Cloud – International, vCloud Air powered by OVH
You’re likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another meaningful field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have three to five years of meaningful professional experience.