Director, Data and Analytics Advisory, Canada
Want to create customer value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our client partners and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Please note this requisition is for future opportunities with Avanade. We are building our network of Data & Analytics Advisory candidates and will engage when we're ready to hire.
Avanade is seeking a Group/Senior Manager to expand its Insight & Analytics Advisory capabilities. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You will advise clients on the strategic impacts of cloud adoption, data transformations, advanced analytics, machine learning, and intelligent automation. You will help your clients monetize their data, creating all new experiences for employees and customers alike. To be successful, you must possess exceptional analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership and managerial qualities, that allow you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. The work you're doing in this role will be of a Strategic nature rather than a software or technology architecture deliverable.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their Data and Analytics/Artificial Intelligence Strategy, Data Monetization Strategy, Transformation Initiatives, Investments and Operating Models to support their business priorities.
You will lead teams of 2-20 consultants, data scientists, and engineers to aid your clients in identifying how they will leverage data and analytics in business and data transformation engagements
As a successful Group/Senior Manager, you will:
- Lead the delivery of a broad range of Data, Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Visualization, Data Science, RPA and AI related Strategy / Advisory engagements
- Possess deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying and leveraging appropriate approaches and solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard management consulting skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Lead the design and delivery of Data/Analytics Advisory engagements involving strategy, roadmap, data monetization, operating model, CoE development.
- Lead the scoping, definition and delivery of Data Governance assessments, workshops and client engagements
- Conduct quick value discovery engagements in Data & AI to identify applicable industry use-cases, help clients understand the effort, potential benefits, and develop an opportunity prioritization matrix
- Lead strategy engagements with clients to create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader endgame, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
- Demonstrate thought leadership to advise clients on Data/Analytics, AI and automation strategy and detailed use cases development by industry
- Actively contribute to the creation of client proposals for consulting and/or transformation engagements focused on Data/Analytics/ AI and automation
- Monitor technology trends and raise awareness of capabilities and innovations in selected domains of expertise and contribute towards industry specific offerings
Required Skills & Experience:
- 12+ years of Management Consulting experience from a top management or professional services firm
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience interfacing with and selling to executive level clients
- Experience in Advisory solutioning and estimation
- Experience in developing Data Strategy, business cases and roadmaps associated with Data transformation, cloud migrations, etc.
- Experience in conducting Data Strategy and Governance assessments, developing future state process and governance definitions
- Willingness to travel to client site periodically as needed
- Previous experience working on multiple Advisory / Strategy engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent, Project, Budget Management responsibilities
- Superb communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to design and accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive problem solver, and aptitude to work independently or part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Practical Business Architecture experience (business / operation models, personas, process modelling)
- Knowledge of the Data / Analytics strategy and COE definition and development
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA preferred
Preferred Experience and Skills:
The following skills and capabilities are central to the role, depending on Service Area expertise.
- Industry or functional experience in Manufacturing, Automotive, Healthcare, Retail, or Supply Chain.
- Data, Analytics Strategy, Maturity assessment & Roadmap (using Microsoft technologies)
- COE and Operating Model Design, Setup and Operationalization Plan (Data & Analytics related)
- Data Governance and Management
- Master Data Management
- Process Re-Engineering, Transformation and Adoption
- Sound knowledge in Strategy development involving areas such as Data Architecture, Data Hubbing / Integration, Data Modeling, Data Governance & Management, Data Quality, Data Security, Reporting & Analytics, BI Governance, BI Self-Service
- Business Transformations utilizing Data, Analytics Cloud, Advanced Analytics, RPA and IoT technologies