Sr. Consultant Data Engineer
Senior Consultant Data Engineer
Do you love making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You are a data designer who knows how to find, store, and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your experience in bringing data to life to aim sometimes complex problems, and you’re able to use concepts around storing, transforming, and visualizing data along the way.
About the job:
As a Sr. Consultant Data Engineer, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouses and storage
- Take part in crafting and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt, and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Build and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Craft and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
You have got a great experience in data and analytics, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Strong knowledge of Python, Spark, and T-SQL
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies – and how to apply them in business
- Experience in structured problem solving
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to use technology to aim business problems using one or more Microsoft Analytics services for building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration
- Knowledge of Azure tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW or Azure SQL
- Knowledge of Big Data tools such as Hadoop / Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Crafting and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals
- You’re likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another meaningful field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have several years of relevant professional experience.