Senior Data Engineer - Future Opportunities
Area of expertise:
Our talented Data Engineering team is made up of globally recognised experts—and there’s room for more analytical, innovative, client-driven data professionals. If you’re passionate about helping clients make better data-driven decisions to tackle their most complex business issues, let’s talk. Take your skills to a new level and launch a career where you can truly do what matters.
Come join us
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you’ll have access to the research, knowledge and tools to create leading-edge solutions across Avanade’s Business Intelligence practice. The role of Senior Data Engineer is perfect for ambitious technologists passionate about working with the latest Microsoft cloud technology and Microsoft experts. Our clients look to us for innovation, which means you’ll have early access to the newest Microsoft technologies so you can master them and stay ahead of the curve.
As you bring your skills and abilities to Avanade, you’ll get distinctive experiences, limitless learning and ambitious growth in return. As we continue to build our diverse and inclusive culture, we become even more innovative and creative, helping us better serve our clients and our communities. You’ll join a community of smart, supportive collaborators to lift, mentor and guide you, but to also lean on your expertise. You get a company purpose-built for business-critical, leading-edge technology solutions, committed to improving the way humans work, interact and live. It’s all here, so take a closer look! Together we do what matters.
What you’ll do
- Architecture, design, development and delivery of enterprise-grade analytics solutions based on Azure and Databricks technologies
- Working on high profile projects with well-known clients across various sectors
- Help clients realise the potential of Data Science, Machine Learning and scaled processing within Microsoft Azure
- Mentoring of more junior team members and supporting their personal development
- Constantly developing technical skills in the latest Azure and Databricks technologies - achieving & maintaining relevant certifications
- Working directly with high profile clients across a variety of sectors to understand their requirements and present solutions to customer sponsors
Skills and experiences
- Demonstrable end-to-end experience in Data Engineering, including large-scale projects
- Experience in working with the latest Azure technologies, such as; Databricks, Synapse, Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage (Gen 2), CosmosDB
- Understanding of software engineering tools and concepts including experience in Python, Scala or PySpark
- Confident communicator who is able to explain technical terms to non-technical audiences and mentor junior colleagues
Characteristics that can spell success for this role
- Analytical, curious, agile
- Team player and good communicator
- Problem-solver, patient, quality-driven
- Innovative mindset
Enjoy your career
Some of the best things about working at Avanade
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Collaborate with some of the brightest “Microsoft minds”
- Build your expertise, solve problems, learn and develop.
Find out more about some of our benefits here .
A great place to work
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our Inclusion & Diversity page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on
• Expanding your thinking • Experimenting courageously • Learning and pivoting
Inspire greatness in our people by
• Empowering every voice • Encouraging boldness • Celebrating progress
Accelerate the impact of our people by
• Amazing the client • Prioritizing what matters • Acting as one
To learn more about the types of projects our Analytics team works on check out these case studies:
Interested in knowing what’s going on inside Avanade? Check out our blogs:
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.