Cyber Security Analyst
Area of expertise:
As an Avanade Cyber Security Analyst, you will be working with a diverse team of security-minded technologists. You enjoy working on innovative technologies to help improve and/or assist in creating new security tools and services to help strengthen the security and risk landscape. You maintain proficiency in computer exploitation tools, attack techniques, procedures, and trends. You will use your strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and deep technical understanding of modern cybersecurity threats and risks, to protect and maintain the overall security of Avanade.
On a typical day:
You will be protecting Avanade systems and information by promptly responding to security threats and incidents, acting individually and as part of a team to resolve issues. Receive Tier 1/2 incident escalations and assist with real-time, continuous security event monitoring, response, and reporting. You will leverage your intuition, security knowledge, and use a broad array of tools and advanced security techniques to uncover malicious activity. You will recommend security and process enhancements to leadership. You will coordinate and collaborate with appropriate internal groups during a security incident – management, legal, network, Avanade’s Asset Protection team, and others. Through this collaboration, you will build working relationships with those teams to help bridge the importance of a security mindset to the users within and outside our organization.
- Experience performing technical analysis involving threat event data and evaluating malicious activity.
- Understanding of incident response phases.
- Experience responding to information security incidents.
- Capability to quickly script, query, and parse data.
- Collecting, preserving, and analyzing data and digital evidence.
- In-depth understanding of operating systems, network/system architecture, protocols, enterprise services, and enterprise architecture design.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking, willingness to challenge status-quo. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Creating thorough reports and documentation of all incidents, investigations, and procedures; presenting findings to team and leadership.
Your qualifications likely include:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in security operations, threat detection and analysis, incident response and risk and policy management.
- Experience with data query languages such as KQL, SQL, or SPL.
- Understanding and application of the following security tools: Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
- Exhibit detail-oriented, strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced written and oral communications, self-motivator. Team player and independent worker, highly adaptive.
- Ability to work across geographically separated teams.
- Ability to be flexible and work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and requests while exercising sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, and professionalism in all written and oral communications.
- One or more security certifications, such as: SC-200, SC-900, GSEC, GCIH, CEH, CISSP, or other industry relevant certifications.
Do you want to work in an environment that supports you? We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community! We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance, disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development, and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Washington, New York and Colorado as set forth below:
Seattle: $93,500 - $110,000
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.