Group Manager/Sr. Manager, Data and Analytics Advisory - Midwest
Area of expertise:
Advisory, Group Manager, Data & Analytics
Pair your adaptable, collaborative, curious mindset with your tech skills to help client digitally transform their ways of working. Better experience for air travellers? Data to help a non-profit better serve kids with needs? An Advisory role at Avanade offers you a purposeful career. Know your clients’ needs inside out, work with them beginning to end, enjoy achievements together – and repeat.
Come join us
Our Digital Advisory team sits at the intersection of business strategy, technology and industries and thrives on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. The Digital Advisory team provides strategic advice and uses innovative technology (data and analytics, intelligent automation. ERP/ CRM) to drive digital transformation. We deliver our broad range of advisory services through an integrated collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
We are seeking a Group Manager/Sr. Manager located in the Midwest to expand our Data & Analytics Advisory capabilities. You will advise clients on the strategic impacts of advanced analytics, machine learning, and intelligent automation. You will help clients monetize their data, creating all new experiences for employees and customers alike. To be successful, you must possess exceptional analytic, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. The work you are doing in this role will be of a strategic nature rather than a software or technology architecture deliverable.
Immerse yourself in a diversely talented team, and a leader in digital, workplace and employee experience transformation, backed by the power of Accenture and Microsoft. Together we do what matters.
What you’ll do
- Assist clients in successfully defining their Data and Analytics/Artificial Intelligence Strategy, Data Monetization Strategy, Transformation Initiatives, Investments and Operating Models to support their business priorities.
- Understand clients’ business model and strategy and dig to the root of their challenges to provide advice on how data and AI capabilities can enhance or revolutionize their business model and create actionable solutions.
- Operate with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors).
- Lead cross discipline teams of 2-20 consultants, data scientists, and engineers.
- Guide and support the delivery of a broad range of Data, Analytics, RPA and AI related Strategy / Advisory engagements.
- Sell and deliver Advisory services strong consultative selling practices.
- Analyze and understand trends and strategies for identifying and using appropriate approaches and solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard management consulting skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Advise clients on Data/Analytics, AI and automation strategy, and detailed use cases development by industry.
- Lead the design and delivery of Data/ Business Intelligence/ AI and automation advisory engagements involving strategy, roadmap, and longer-term operating model and COE solutions.
- Support the practice with depth of experience and expertise in the following domains: automation, machine learning, deep learning, advanced analytics, data science, data aggregation & visualization.
- Travel as necessary to client sites.
Skills and experiences
- 12+ years of management consulting experience from a top management or professional services firm.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience interfacing with and selling to executive level clients.
- Previous experience working on multiple Advisory / Strategy engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, with Talent, Project, & Budget.
- Demonstrable skills in developing Data Strategy, business cases, and roadmaps associated with Data transformation, cloud migrations, etc.
- Experience conducting Data Strategy and Governance assessments, developing future state process and governance definitions.
Characteristics that can spell success for this role:
- Autonomous, enterprising, and positive thinker
- Resilient, adaptable, flexible
- Intellectually curious and passionate about tech
- Storyteller and engaging content creator
Enjoy your career
Some of the best things about working at Avanade:
- Top-shelf clients – our clients accelerate value by being bold, imaginative – and fast. Look at who we work with – you’ve probably heard of them and just might want to work with them, too.
- Next-level work – Utilize emerging tech and become adept at solving business critical issues, acquire industry expertise, and a deep understanding of the technologies and capabilities within the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Flexible work schedule – We provide employees with a flexible work schedule that includes flexible start and end times as well as the ability to work remotely.
Find out more about some of our benefits here.
A great place to work
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our Inclusion & Diversity page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on:
- Expanding your thinking
- Experimenting courageously
- Learning and pivoting
Inspire greatness in our people by
- Empowering every voice
- Encouraging boldness
- Celebrating progress
Accelerate the impact of our people by
- Amazing the client
- Prioritizing what matters
- Acting as one
To learn more about the types of projects our Advisory team works on check out these case studies:
Interested in knowing what’s going on inside Avanade? Check out our blogs:
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.