Sales Origination Lead: Data & AI - Midwest Region
Area of expertise:
Sales Origination Lead – Data & AI, Midwest Region
For more than two decades, Avanade has been at the forefront of driving innovation designed to create a genuine human impact. Created in April 2000 by two industry giants - Accenture and Microsoft - Avanade has one goal: deliver innovative services and solutions to enterprises worldwide using the Microsoft platform. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture, and as the industry’s most successful joint venture, partnering with Microsoft is literally in our DNA. As the global leader in the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem, we’ve earned countless partnership accolades, but the most powerful evidence of what the partnership is capable of - and what we’re most proud of - is the success of our joint clients.
Solving large Data-related business challenges or driving creative AI-based solutions are what we are known for in the market; they are the areas on which our clients most frequently seek our guidance during their digital transformation. By specializing in and formalizing these select Offerings, we can deepen our relationships with our clients across their entire portfolio, expanding into new areas, helping us to grow our market share and the clients positive outcomes. As the Avanade Sales Origination Lead for Data and Artificial Intelligence in the Northeast for specified region, you’ll be part of one of the most exciting partnerships in the industry. You’ll be the "face of Data and Artificial Intelligence” for the specified region Northeast, driving pipeline origination and growth across all aspects of the business - from stakeholder alignment and relationship management; joint sales and go-to-market orchestration to deep collaboration with Avanade and Microsoft sales teams.
You’ll be responsible for net new pipeline origination driving sales, revenue and market share as a hunter seller. You’ll align across the Data and Artificial Intelligence solution area, regional sales, North America America industry, and Microsoft to enable co-selling at scale, mobilizing across Avanade, Accenture, and Microsoft to drive increased market share and mindshare for Avanade services in Data & AI business.
Data and Artificial Intelligence origination in today’s fast-paced and competitive market requires a unique, next-level skillset. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to bring the breadth of your selling skills, leadership, and collaboration acumen to deliver market-making results, demonstrating excellence and innovation across:
• Sales - you bring a hunter sales mindset and an entrepreneurial attitude, and deep relationships with and expertise in navigating Microsoft across all operating units.
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft Go To Market, in alignment with Avanade’s Data & AI offerings
• Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities
• Prescriptive sales principles and practices
• Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions
• Ability to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
• Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics
• Relationship & political acumen - you build credibility and deep relationships internally & externally, you can negotiate and build consensus, and possess the empathy to drive to win/win solutions.
• Results-focused - you have a bias for action, you aren’t a ‘reporter of the news’.
• Compete – ability to understand and compete effectively both on platform and implementation levels against key competitors.
• Expertise – deep understanding of the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform
• Measurable growth in Data & AI pipeline, sales, revenue, and market share
• Collaboration with sales and alliance leadership to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
• Build on existing Microsoft relationships within Data & AI sales and technical sales teams and establish new ones.
• Lead Data and Artificial Intelligence Sales Origination activities for the specifiedNortheast Region across all Client Groups
• Participate in Regional Joint Account targeting process - orchestrate attainment of joint account planning session and incremental pipeline.
• Support regional account planning sessions to influence, extend, and/or accelerate deal closure.
• Develop and execute a coordinated enablement plan to drive joint sales cycles with Microsoft.
• Drive increased sales and revenue for Data and Artificial Intelligence in the Northeast specified Region
• Conduct comprehensive research on accounts, identifying key players and potential sales opportunities to gain mindshare of Microsoft Data & AI Sellers and drive growth
• Support sellers where needed with pipeline creation, & demand generation activities such as local events at Microsoft and Microsoft partner locations.
Metrics & KPIs
Carry Area Scorecard Targets:
• Qualified Pipeline impact
• Sales and revenue impact
• Growth in Microsoft Data and Artificial Intelligence relationships and joint account planning and execution
• Bachelor's or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of Business Development experience with 5+ years of relevant experience in Data and Artificial Intelligence
• Microsoft experience is highly valued
• Experienced, high-energy professional who has the courage to lead our region into consistent growth YOY.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.