Area of expertise:
The Data Modeler will Create data models for Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI). They will translate business needs and data questions into project or enhancement requirements and will Facilitate and/or participate in agile sessions to assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured data architecture and data modeling use case requirements.
· Hold conceptual and logical data model reviews with product managers/data subject matter experts.
· Must be able to abstract general principles from specifics and conceptualize and design data model.
· Develop, enhance, and manage conceptual data model, enterprise logical data model (LDM), physical data model (PDM) for the data platform.
· Ensure data lineage mapping across implementations for the platform.
· Understand and meet referential data integrity requirements based on business needs. Develop and/or assist in generating source to target data mapping.
· Perform data model consolidation and integration to integrate new silos of organizations source data to the data platform.
· Understand and apply logical entity-relational design concepts.
· Develop dimensional models and views needed for data analytics and reporting.
· Develop data models and data migration strategies utilizing best practice concepts of data modeling including star schema, snowflake schema, Vault 2.0
· Provide architectural help to development teams, and provide technical guidance and leadership to all internal and external teams involved in the implementation
· Experience building enterprise grade data models.
· Experience with relational modeling, domain modeling, and dimensional modeling.
· Experience in Data Vault 2.0 Modeling.
· Experience with metadata management and its use for modeling activities.
· Experience with creating data model and data structure in Erwin Modeling.
· 5+ years of experience using the following modeling techniques: 3rd Normal form, ERD, Dimensional modelling (Star Schema)
· 5+ years of experience with data management standards and data model practices.
· Thorough knowledge of conceptual and logical data modeling and familiarity with physical database design and optimization concepts.
· Experience with common standards and best practices for data elements, data types, and file formats.
· Experience working with Agile Methodology
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 59,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.