Director, Manufacturing Engineering
Who’ll You Be Joining:
As the Manufacturing Engineering Director for our global manufacturing operations, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficiency, quality, and continuous improvement of our manufacturing processes across multiple facilities worldwide. You will lead a team of talented engineers and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive operational excellence, cost-effectiveness, and innovation in our manufacturing practices.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Global Manufacturing Strategy: Develop and execute a strategic vision for manufacturing engineering that aligns with the company's goals and objectives on a global scale.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and manage a team of manufacturing engineers, providing guidance and fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Process Optimization: Identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing processes, reduce costs, and improve product quality while ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- New Product Introduction: Collaborate with R&D and product development teams to ensure smooth transitions from product design to manufacturing, including design for manufacturability (DFM) reviews.
- Supplier Collaboration: Work closely with global suppliers to optimize the supply chain, address quality issues, and drive cost-effective manufacturing solutions.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain rigorous quality control standards and protocols to ensure the highest level of product quality and consistency.
- Cost Management: Develop and manage budgets for manufacturing engineering activities, optimizing resource allocation to achieve cost-effective results.
- Continuous Improvement: Champion lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma methodologies, and other improvement initiatives to drive operational excellence and efficiency.
- Global Collaboration: Collaborate with international teams, sharing best practices and standardizing processes across multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure that all manufacturing activities adhere to safety regulations and compliance standards.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience 7+ years in manufacturing engineering leadership roles within a global manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, including SMT, Electromechanical assembly and Injection molding, Manufacturing Test
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma, and other process improvement methodologies.
- Exceptional leadership, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a track record of driving results.
- Strong project management and budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 45 minute phone call with a member of Talent Acquisition
- 1 hour virtual meeting with the VP, Manufacturing. This interview has a values and leadership focus.
- 1 hour in person meeting - This interview has a technical focus.
- Final 1 hour virtual meeting with senior leader from two teams you’ll work closely with.