Full Stack Developer (Python)
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Investment Management Department at Mackenzie Investments is seeking to hire a full-time Full Stack Developer to join the Global Fixed Income Team.
We're looking for someone who can approach challenges with a deep curiosity and a demonstrated ability to leverage technology to solve complex real-world problems. The selected candidate will be helping our small but growing team to develop cutting-edge research and analytical tools. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving the team's existing core quant infrastructure. They will work very closely with all members of the team and will be able to gain exposure to all facets of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of the in-house tech infrastructure by writing high quality, reusable, well-documented, maintainable code using an agile, test-driven approach
- Design, implement and continuously optimize solutions to enhance the team’s ability to make data driven decisions and support the overall investment process
- Solve complex problems using various data structures and algorithms
- Implement and release new versions of code using continuous integration
- Monitor systems and processes and handle exceptions as they come up
- Participate in technical discussions, Scrums, Sprint planning, code reviews, etc.
- Provide broad consultation and support to non-technical team members to enable user adoption and realize business value
- A demonstrated ability to design and build secure, scalable systems and web applications
- Experience with commonly used web tools and frameworks such as Nginx, Uwsgi, Django, Flask, React, Angular, Backbone JS, etc.
- Experience with commonly used Python tools and libraries such as pip, Conda, pandas, NumPy, SQLAlchemy etc.
- Knowledge of RESTful API design, development and integration
- Ability to design and operate large and dynamic datasets with SQL and MongoDb
- Ability to debug issues by digging deep into multiple levels of software stack - networking, OS, application and/or database layers as necessary
- Working knowledge of Git
- Comfortable working with Windows, Linux and cloud architectures (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with kubernetes, docker and container orchestration
- Familiar with common software design patterns and industry best practices related to software and UI/UX designs
- Self-starter, team player who demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion to apply the latest technologies to solve fascinating problems in quant investing
- Basic knowledge of statistics and finance, prior experience with capital market platforms, such as Bloomberg and MarketAxess, is a plus
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Share on your newsfeed