Salesforce Developer (Digital Engineering)
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
In the Senior Developer position, you will be responsible for creating and executing scripts and automated processes to deliver code to Salesforce Orgs throughout the application development and release life cycle. You will also be integral to a team focused on enhancing and further automating our DevOps process including improvements to Salesforce code delivery, automation of manual release tasks, and integration of our internal systems with Salesforce. You will be working collaboratively with a team of release engineers, software developers, and business architects/analysts to improve our delivery processes, correct errors, and assess delivery health and performance.
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Lightning Web Components, Visualforce (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages and Lightning Web Components
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the organization
- Best Practices: Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write / maintain test classes for all custom development
- Take ownership of release cycles to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Integrating and maintaining business applications to Salesforce, such as DocuSign, Mulesoft, SAP Hana etc.
- Collaborating with IT teams for other systems in order to integrate across the business
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience working on Salesforce platforms (Financial Services Cloud, Sales Cloud, Services Cloud & Marketing Cloud)
- Experience with Salesforce development practices such as Salesforce Apex, Lightning Components and Visualforce
- Solid experience of Salesforce Declarative Programming and Administration (custom objects, build reports, assignment rules, flows and process builder), and Salesforce platform and architecture.
- Experience with data migration and Salesforce Data Loader, or other similar data management tools
- Experience with Salesforce APIs such as Object Reference, Metadata, Bulk, and MetadataComponentDependency APIs
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification or Salesforce Administrator certification
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modelling
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Experiencing using a scripting language or tool such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and the application development life cycle
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
- Experience and confidence using version management tools, specifically Git
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with automation tools and automated pipeline processes, specifically Jenkins and Jenkins pipeline
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM/KANBAN
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s/Postgraduate degree, professional qualification, or relevant experience.
- Experience using Visual Studio Code and Salesforce DX
- Experience with application orchestration tools, specifically Digital.ai (formally XL Release)
- Experience building or maintaining DevOps pipeline processes for Salesforce or similar tools
- Experience with Salesforce packaging or other packaging/automation tools such as Apache Maven or Artifactory
- Experience with monitoring/aggregation tools such as Splunk or Dynatrace
- Familiarity with business/helpdesk management tools such as ServiceNow or Jira Service Management
- Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect certification
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.