Senior Business Analyst
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Business Analyst will work closely with business units to fulfill its mandate and business needs by understanding functions, regulations, processes, and products. The role will contribute to strategic planning activities and work closely with counterparts in Technology to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with business needs.
- Business Requirements / User Stories
- Business impacts of product, system or regulatory changes
- New business process flows
- Business processes to identify opportunities for improvement or new products
- Business implementation plans with all impacted business units
- Deliver consistent, quality and timely Requirements Management Plans, Business Requirement documents / User Stories and related process flow diagrams.
- Ensure that business problems, opportunities, requirements and recommendations are well documented and align with change and business objectives.
- Apply a structured and consistent business analysis approach and methodology across all assigned business analysis initiatives.
- Analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvement or new products (ex. efficiency and productivity gains, timeliness, and cost avoidance or reduction).
- Support the identification, documentation and implementation of business requirements, plans, and related business process flows with impacted business units/partners.
- Analyze and prepare business impact documentation, identify system or regulatory changes, and change management and training requirements.
- Support the definition and design of interactions between processes, people, and systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams on technical projects as assigned.
- Participate in business design reviews, or by consolidating and documenting a consensus business view.
Thesuccessful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years working experience in business analysis or equivalent roles with increasing consulting and supervisory skills
- Post-secondary education required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage relationships at various levels within the Company
- Proven leadership skills with strong decision-making capability and judgment
- Demonstrated analytical ability with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills to guide business teams through the decision-making process and understand the implications of their choices
- Problem-solving skills to apply critical thinking to understand business needs and solutions
- Proficient with MS Office, and diagramming techniques and tools such as Visio
- Previous Financial Services experience is required
- Completion of CSC and IFIC are desirable
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Focus and Ambition: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; they will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed. They will have a proven track record of meeting goals and action plans as assigned, both as an individual and with a team.
- Team Player: The successful candidate will ensure they provide consistent performance; they will be a team player that is sensitive to the team’s needs, interests and goals. They will contribute to inspiring and motivating the team toward high performance and goal achievement.
- Integrity: They will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of engaging and supporting business needs. They will work transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, supporting the engagement of all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Financial Services Business Acumen: Business background and sound experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Business Architecture & Analysis Acumen: Business Architecture and Analysis experience is required.
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by June 20, 2022.
Share on your newsfeed