Senior SAP Configurator / Analyst
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
As a member of our Corporate Solutions Technology team at IGM, you will be joining a highly collaborative group with experience in and passion for delivering innovative solutions for our clients, advisors, and employees using the latest technology and insights.
This role works closely with business sponsors and business representatives to capture the systems objectives, evaluate the business case, and define solutions that are in alignment with the organizational system architecture. This role also works with the Delivery Leader, Project Managers, Systems Architects, and Software Developers in a shared responsibility for project evaluation, quality, and completion. Involvement with large scale projects involving multiple business areas as well as internal and external providers is anticipated. The role will require a strong understanding of the high level of complexity across business areas where both the impact and risk associated are high.
The successful candidate will be working on our Finance and Accounting system (SAP ERP Central Component) team and will be responsible for configuring SAP modules; specifically, Security, Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), and Purchasing (MM). Detailed knowledge of the financial accounting and reporting process, payroll integrations to finance, and working in a complex system environment with many integrations into Finance from other systems.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Hands-on configuration of SAP-ECC modules to meet business requirements
- Liaises with business stakeholders to understand industry trends and business objectives to design the solution that will meet their decision support and management reporting needs
- Defines and communicates systems requirements at the appropriate level of detail to ensure applications are flexible, open, scalable, available, testable and maintainable within a high-volume production environment
- Authoring system specifications to support integration, development, and testing.
- Analyzes and conceptualizes the design of the solution, working with the Systems Architect, Vendors and Software Developer to achieve the client stakeholder objectives through effective deployment of technology.
- Applies both in-depth business and technical knowledge, to successfully represent the business and technology community in arriving at technical solutions
- Provides guidance and leadership to other Systems Analysts on the team
- Works with Delivery Leader, Project Manager and Senior Business and Technical Architects to formulate project approach, schedule, and estimates for delivery
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to provide technology recommendations to the business
- Experience working with developers to design and analyze alternative technical solutions, test completed code and complete a smooth implementation with business partners
- Proficient analytical, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Advanced knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Experience performing data analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in a team environment with projects involving the integration of disparate types of technologies/platforms and agile development
- Experienced in providing operational and sustainment services
- Proven capabilities in establishing and maintaining effective partnerships and relationships
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, facilitation, presentation) and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership abilities - comfortable managing issues in cross functional teams
- Conflict and issue resolution and escalation
- Positive attitude, keeping a constant watch on how to do things better
- Adaptability and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to work remotely and with a geographically dispersed IT Team and Business Stakeholders
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
In addition, the following competencies would be highly valued and considered more favorably:
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management and the Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a complex corporate financial accounting system
- Canadian accounting designation
- Experience with SAP ECC, BW, BOBJ, S/4 HANA, CPI, BPC
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by June 29, 2022.
Share on your newsfeed