Analyst, Data Science
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Analyst, Data Science is responsible for delivering business insights through the thoughtful application of Data Science approaches. They will collaborate with business experts and other members of the Data Science and Data Services teams to develop datasets, models and reports which will be used to execute on strategic objectives and evaluate business performance.
- Collaborate with internal clients/departments to design and develop Data Science models for operational and strategic initiatives.
- Leverage knowledge of Data Science to make thoughtful modelling decisions. Expertise includes both supervised and unsupervised approaches and leveraging cloud infrastructure.
- Work with data from multiple sources and databases including structured and unstructured data.
- Work closely with relevant teams to make sure models/solutions can be deployed.
- Develop, test, implement, document and continuously improve models as a member of the Data Science team.
- Computer Science or similar undergraduate degree with minimum 4 months in a Data Science role; or a Masters degree in a relevant field (Math, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience leveraging Python for Machine Learning
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Tableau, and/or other BI and reporting tools is a plus
- Exposure to cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
- Ability to synthesize data into concise and logical summaries, reports, presentations, dashboards
- Excel at critical thinking – conceptualizing, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating
- Experience with Spark, HQL, MapReduce, Hive, Hbase, noSQL related Big Data technologies is a plus
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by August 2, 2022.