Manager, Systems Analyst
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $242 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We’re IGM Financial – a Canadian leader in providing personal financial planning services, and dedicated to building
lasting client relationships. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow, and thrive both professionally and personally.
We are currently looking for a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer to join our Winnipeg and Toronto Integration & Automation RPA Centre for Excellence (COE).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility.
- Analyzing, understanding, and documenting the business processes in detail where required.
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements.
- Designing Blue Prism process solutions in accordance with standard Blue Prism design principles and conventions.
- Configuring new Blue Prism processes and objects using core workflow principles which are efficient, well structured, maintainable, and easy to understand.
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation.
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- Problem solving issues which arise in day to day running of Blue Prism processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
- Providing day to day support of existing Blue Prism processes within the defined Service Level Agreements (SLA) and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Build and maintain relationships within the Integration & Automation Team, RPA Federated Teams and new lines of business undergoing assessment for RPA solutions.
- Mentoring colleagues through the Blue Prism training and accreditation program – providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Interact with technical teams outside of Integration & Automation to problem solve and maintain RPA structure and best practices
- Communicating with Blue Prism and delivery partners on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the process automation community.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of process automation pattern and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Blue Prism platform.
- A track record in the successful delivery and support of Excel macros, Visual Basic scripts or other configuration/scripting type technology
- Understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution
- Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with hands-on configuration of automated processes in the Blue Prism product
- Willingness to play multiple roles within a small team, analysis, design, development, testing and communication.
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- An understanding of software delivery methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Have good understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Have University degree and/or post-graduate education
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by September 9, 2022.
Share on your newsfeed