Senior Full Stack Engineer - Salesforce integrations
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Remote · Canada
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
o·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah
An Ancient Greek word referring to “tools of the trade.”
Learn more about our company here.
ODAIA is a remote first organization, all our positions are WFH with frequent company and team based socials, events and meetings in-person and virtually. Employees are welcome to drop into our Toronto based office hub anytime!
Reducing patients’ time to therapy by facilitating meaningful interactions with healthcare providers, through human-centric software powered by AI.
ODAIA helps pharma sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS platform MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
ODAIAns (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day lives. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication;” and making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, with an awesome company culture based on our values: agility, passion, ownership, trust and respect, and diversity, equity and inclusion. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, the opportunities to grow are extensive.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Reporting to the Engineering Development Manager, the Senior Full Stack Engineer - Salesforce integrations will design, develop and implement sound, scalable application integrations for Salesforce and Veeva solutions. As a hands-on contributor and thought leader, the Senior Integration Engineer will focus on API Management, leveraging microservices and administration best practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Propose the best technical solutions and directly contribute to solving high-impact, challenging problems while enhancing a great software product in a dynamic, agile startup environment
- Design, develop and implement scalable Salesforce and Veeva integrations to satisfy the complex needs of our customers
- Full life cycle experience in solution definition, development, testing and deployment of the Salesforce / Veeva application
- Develop and maintain business logic and custom objects that interface with frontend applications via APIs and internal users via the Salesforce platform
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams to create technical integration designs based on product requirements
- Adhere to best practice standards in areas of performance, maintainability, exception handling and recovery
- Identify, maintain and document the overall portfolio of integrations and work
- Collaborate with the Product team to find the most effective UX solutions
- Facilitate and participate in inter-team and cross-functional collaboration
- Follow best practices and strive for technical and product domain expertise
- Be a high-impact individual contributor with a strong sense of ownership in the product you are working
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 4+ years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer (Python, React, Node, or similar)
- 2+ years of experience integrating Salesforce or Veeva to enterprise-cloud solutions
- Experience working with Salesforce technologies (i.e., AppExchange, Lighting Components, etc.)
- Experience with REST & SOAP APIs
- Experience using modern cloud integration platforms (AWS or similar)
- Experience operating in an Agile environment and familiar with Agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, or similar)
- Able to gauge, problem-solve and mitigate technical risk
- Strong communication skills - understands how to influence both technical and non-technical teams
- The ability to self-direct, take initiative, and efficiently and effectively lead and manage a variety of technical projects
- Effectively operates in complex and ambiguous scenarios, solutions-focused, with superior judgment and decision-making skills
- BS in Computer Science or similar related education/experience
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment models and release strategy
- A continuous learner who seeks and welcomes feedback to improve
- Veeva CRM Certified (White Belt)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A highly productive driven startup culture that values agility, passion, ownership, trust, respect, diversity and inclusion
- Tremendous growth and unique learning opportunities
- A large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- An inclusive environment, we are an equal opportunities employer and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset
- Top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours, providing great balance for personal and family life
- We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock
- We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results
- An open and flexible vacation policy
- Our employees can take what they want, when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved and get things covered while they're away
- Stock option grants
- A generous home office allowance
- Career development opportunities, and a solid business model - we’re in it for the long haul!
We are a fully remote company with a hub located downtown Toronto. We have frequent virtual and in-person collaborative work sessions and socials. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools.
Any conditional offer of employment made to a successful candidate will be subject to the full satisfaction with the results of any background and reference checks.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND ACCESSIBILITY
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process. For more on this, you can inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity, equity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace, and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.