Senior AWS Data Engineering Consultant
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology-agnostic firm giving us a client-first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of gender equality throughout the company. Our diversity and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
ProCogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced gender ratio. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
The Senior Data Engineer Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Be a member of the technical staff building solutions for the business.
- Design, implementation, testing, debugging, performance tuning, documentation, validation, and support of analytical solutions
- Translate business requirements into analytical solutions.
- Analyze, model and wrangle data and files to prep for utilization.
- Build data pipelines to move data into S3 and Redshift
The Senior Data Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Excellent SQL and Python skills
- Experience with distributed computing languages (Spark, PySpark, Scala, SparklyR, etc)
- ETL/ELT hands-on experience with familiarity of Data Warehouse concepts
- Expertise in designing efficient Data Models
- Experience with Data Warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, EMR, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Firehose, etc.
- Knowledge of API-based integration and security (Restful and SOAP)
- Knowledge of IAM roles, Policies, etc.
- Experience in Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Ability to learn fast and translate data into actionable results.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience developing and supporting scalable data pipelines
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience building cloud formation templates for workloads
- Familiar with EKS and ECS AWS services
- Solid Linux programming skills
- Experience building Data Platforms, Data lakes and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 3 years of professional experience in a data related role with a Masters Degree or 5 years of experience in a data related role with a Bachelors degree
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.