Business Development Specialist
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology-agnostic firm giving us a client-first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of gender equality throughout the company. Our diversity and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
ProCogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced gender ratio. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
ProCogia is looking for a Sales Associate to focus on expanding our client base across US (80%) and Canada (20%). The role will involve territory planning, forming sales plans and executing against them by generating new business in strategic regions and industries. The Associate will be able to sell solutions spanning ProCogia’s full end-to-end services, including Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics.
The individual will be working closely with our sales Director & delivery team to come up with unique go-to-market offerings within the key service areas. They will spend most of their time building new relationships within target accounts to land new logos in North America. New logos will likely be grown via the Associate with support from the delivery team & Sales Director. Content and case study generation, especially in relation to new projects landed may well be an expectation for this role too.
- Experienced professional with 3+ years of experience in business development, with skills in generating new business pipelines.
- Experience selling consultancy with an emphasis on data services.
- Proficient in producing professional documents in MS Word and PPT, for example SOWs, Pitch decks, capability documents etc.
- Ability to manage and own complicated and lengthy sales cycle.
- Generate new business leads from email campaigns & Sales/Marketing activities.
- Highly organized, strong verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail & excellent listening skills
- Should be self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against account / territory plans and consistently deliver on revenue targets.
- Must be tenacious, driven and professional with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Confident communicating in a business environment engaging at the C-level.
- Ability to travel to US.
- BA/BS degree
What you can expect:
- An all-encompassing environment that enables you to express your authentic self and your finest concepts. We understand that a variety of viewpoints result in enhanced issue-solving and more effective outcomes for our clients.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; and other generous perks.
- Competitive Salary & commission scheme
- We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.