Senior Azure Data Engineer
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology-agnostic firm giving us a client-first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of gender equality throughout the company. Our diversity and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
ProCogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced gender ratio. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
The Senior Data Engineering Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Create and maintain optimal data architecture pipeline.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data, processes and share insights with different stakeholders using reporting and visualizations tools.
- Design infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources into Snowflake and other platforms.
- Understand existing implementation and should enhance it as needed.
- Work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across cross-functional teams.
- Work on large datasets to meet functional and business requirements.
The Data Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Excellent SQL and Python skills
- Experience with Spark programming language(s)
- Experience with Docker/containerization
- Expertise in designing efficient Data Models
- Experience with ETL/ELT and familiarity of Data Warehouse concepts
- Experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Strong knowledge across Microsoft Azure Tools.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Databricks (Spark + Python), ADF, Dataflow
- Knowledge of API-based integration and security (Restful and SOAP)
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Power BI etc.
- Ability to learn fast and translate data into actionable results
- Excellent written and communication skills with client stakeholders
- Experience with JSON Programming
- Experience developing and supporting scalable data pipelines
- Solid Linux programming skills
- Cosmos DB, Teradata, SQL Server (all nice to have)
- Stream-processing systems: Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub, Kusto Queries (all nice to have)
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 6+ years of professional experience in Data Engineering role with a Masters Degree or 8+ years of experience in a Data Engineering related role with a Bachelors degree.
Salary Range: The base salary for this position ranges from $120,000/year up to $160,000/year. Salary is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location.
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.