Senior Azure Data Engineer
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology-agnostic firm giving us a client-first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of gender equality throughout the company. Our diversity and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
ProCogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced gender ratio. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
The Data Engineering Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Data Integration and ETL:
- Design, develop, and maintain ETL processes to integrate Adobe data with our Azure-based data platform
- Extract, transform, and load data from various sources into the data lake and data warehouse
- Implement data ingestion pipelines to handle real-time and batch data processing
- Adobe Data Integration:
- Collaborate with product and analytics teams to integrate Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Cloud data into our data ecosystem
- Ensure seamless integration of Adobe solutions for tracking and analysing user interactions and customer behaviour
- Serve as the subject matter expert in Adobe Analytics, Adobe Experience Cloud, and other Adobe tools to facilitate their effective integration
- Data Architecture and Modelling:
- Design and implement data models to support reporting and analytics requirements
- Optimize data structures for performance and scalability
- Data Quality and Governance:
- Implement data quality checks, data profiling, and data cleansing processes to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Enforce data governance policies and standards for data security and compliance
- Performance Optimization:
- Monitor and optimize the performance of data pipelines and storage solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related performance issues
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their data requirements and provide solutions that enable data-driven decision-making
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to create data sets and tools for advanced analytics and machine learning
- Documentation and Best Practices:
- Document data engineering processes, standards, and best practices
- Mentor junior data engineers and share knowledge with the team
- Cloud Infrastructure:
- Utilize Azure cloud services, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Azure SQL Data Warehouse, for data engineering tasks
The Data Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Proficiency in SQL, PySpark and programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Strong knowledge across Microsoft Azure cloud services to build scalable data pipelines and workflow management using Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Azure Synapse Analytics
- Strong knowledge of ETL/ELT processes, Data Modeling, and Data Warehousing
- Expertise in integrating Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of API-based integration and security (Restful and SOAP)
- Knowledge of Data Governance and Data Quality best practices
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with team and client stakeholders
- Experience with data orchestration and workflow automation tools
- Familiarity with big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Hands on experience with Snowflake
- Previous experience in a similar role within the telecom industry or for a product company
- Certified as Azure Solutions Architect or Azure Data Engineering Associate
- Bachelors in a quantitative field such as computer science, computer engineering other related disciplines.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, computer engineering other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 5+ years of professional experience in Data Engineering role with a Masters Degree or 7+ years of experience in a Data Engineering related role with a Bachelors degree
Note: Immediate joiners are preferred for this role.
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.