Human Resource Manager
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology-agnostic firm giving us a client-first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of gender equality throughout the company. Our diversity and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
ProCogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced gender ratio. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
As the HR Manager, you will be responsible for leading the HR team in the administration of the HRIS system, employee onboarding and offboarding, team-member programs including benefits administration, employee recognition programs, immigration, and ad hoc operational needs. From employee relations to work policies, you can juggle multiple projects simultaneously and achieve results. This role requires a heavy emphasis on North American policies.
- Develop, implement, and monitor engaging People and Culture initiatives, and practices that support the attraction, enablement and retention of employees.
- Provide advice, support and coaching in all P&C areas to employees and managers in all HR areas including talent acquisition, delivery, employee relations, reward and recognition
- Deliver anecdotal and analytical insights from People & Culture metrics that help drive business success
- Oversee the benefits administration & RRSP for all new and existing employees
- Conduct all new hire orientations for all new employees.
- Maintain employee and contractor files in Bamboo HR and prepare salary increase and bonus letters, contractor agreement and renewals.
- Oversee all employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Field questions surrounding cross-country immigration documentation including (E-Verify, Fieldglass and Government software)
- Rollout Employee Programs (e.g., PTO, benefits, Holiday schedules and reimbursement programs)
- Oversee company events such as recognition, special celebrations, seasonal events, charitable activities and events while engaging internal and external Teams through multiple channels (in person, virtually and remotely)
- Collaborate with hiring manager on creating and updating job descriptions, conducting reference checks and background checks as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and monitor communication for companywide policy rollouts.
- Spearhead the Performance Management program.
- Assist with ad hoc business operations for all departments (Delivery, finance, IT and recruitment).
- This is a hybrid role and person is expected to be in office 2-3 times a week.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or business-related field preferred, ideally in a start-up/scale up environment.
- Familiarity with Canadian and US employment standards and regulations an asset.
- Experience in data transition/migration between software’s as well as facilitating HR software implementation.
- CPHR is a requirement for this role.
- Proactive, highly organized, and extremely detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel.
- Create processes that don’t break / have 1 person dependency
- Create ‘Life at ProCogia’ / ‘The ProCogian’ type materials for new starts - This would include Values, Ways of working, Expected behavior etc.
- The person needs to be a good listener and take direction well.
- Pace – they need to be a used to working in a demanding environment and not a culture where it’s fine to miss deadlines regularly.
- their personality needs to be Approachable, Proactive and Creative.
Salary Range: The base salary for this position ranges from $95,000/year up to $115,000/year. Salary is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.