Director of Data Consulting
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology-agnostic firm giving us a client-first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of gender equality throughout the company. Our diversity and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
ProCogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced gender ratio. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
The Director of Data Consulting will be responsible to oversee the strategic planning and management of our data solutions. the successful candidates should have the following experience, education, and skills:
- 8 Plus years of professional experience in Data Engineering and Data Science.
- 5+ years of leading/managing teams and people managers.
- Have worked in an Agile development environment. Deep understanding of project management.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; comfortable managing trade-offs along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior-level management.
- Proven track record of leading, mentoring, hiring and scaling data teams in consulting environment. Proactively drive impact and engagement while bringing others along.
- Strong change management skills. Comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth. Able to lead a team effectively through times of change.
- Adaptability and Flexibility in attitude to enable adjusting to different needs in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements.
- Extremely organized and has ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Have worked in a Data consulting setting for 5+ years.
- Experience in the following domains would be an advantage:
- Life Sciences
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the following technical skills:
- Understand Python or R in data space.
- Reproducible Data Science Workflows in Python or R.
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning Principles
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (Techniques and Tools used)
- Data Engineering principle
- Big Data Technologies (Spark, Hive etc).
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Foundational Computer Science Skills are nice to have.
- Bachelors required
- Masters preferred
- Agile Certified Nice to have
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely delivery of quality results to the client.
- Regularly meet with and build relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities for upselling and cross-selling.
- Responsible for adequately resourcing the engagement including backfilling of rotating resources.
- Responsible for ensuring all consultants are documenting their work and roles as per company and client requirements.
- Develop Level of Effort Estimates and other related collateral as required by client.
Scrum Master/Project Management
- Manager is responsible for ensuring teams are running effective daily scrum meetings.
- Manager is responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Responsible for triaging with the consultants work items to align with client expectations.
- Select the correct PM format (Scrum/Kanban/ScrumBan) and ensure all team members are well coached on the working style.
- Ensure timely regular reports are generated and shared with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Mentor consultants on soft and hard skills required for role.
- Develop Performance Plans for each consultant.
- Develop learning plans for consultants.
- Ensure clean handoff of consultants to other managers in event of transition.
- Perform weekly 1-1 check ins with consultants.
- Manage and measure consultant performance.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Involved in selling technical solutions to current and prospective clients.
- Developing deliverables for SoWs and LOEs in tandem with the Sales team.
- Cataloguing Consultant work and ensuring Blogs, Case Studies and other material are being generated that can be used to enhance sales and marketing efforts.
- Will act as an evangelist for ProCogia in the community -getting involved in Meetups and attending relevant conferences.
- Generate go-to-market service offerings
- Be involved in initiatives to enhance ProCogia’s reputation as leader in the Data Solutions space (e.g. Blogs, Articles, White Papers, Podcasts etc).
- As a hiring manager, you will be responsible for designing interview setup for open roles as well as assisting in the creation of job advertisements.
- Triage incoming interview requests and assist in scheduling interview rounds.
- Improve the quality of interview screening through the development of reusable interview collateral and the mentoring of less experienced consultants on their interview techniques.
- Involved in internal initiatives to improve existing processes and identify gaps and create new processes.
Planning, Communicating and Financial Management.
- With the management team set plans and directions for the organization.
- Communicate direction setting information from ProCogia leadership and the customer leadership.
- Manage the organization's budget.
Salary Range: The base salary for this position ranges from $180,000/year up to $ 210,000/year. Salary is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.