Senior Business and Quality Analyst
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Business and Quality Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Opportunity to take on a blended role responsible for analysis and testing activities on medium to large size projects. The role demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability to complete automated and manual testing on the ServiceNow platform. Will also be responsible for execution of all aspects of requirements delivery from the elicitation, analysis and documentation of requirements to the creation and execution of test cases to ensure requirements are met.
What will you do?
• Develop functional system test cases and support test case documentation that has full coverage of the critical requirements
• Coordinate and execute actual QA tests while tracking results and any end-to-end issues, and communicating status/outcome to stakeholders and/or project leaders
• Support UAT and PIV activities including planning, defect triage, and root-cause analysis for requirements-related issues
• Lead/direct the software test automation effort by developing formal test cases and implementing automated testing solutions where applicable
• Apply advanced analysis techniques and documentation to ensure relationship between scope, detailed requirements, and testing through to implementation is covered
• Manage risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties
• Facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and testing sign-off
• Support the development of end-user analysis and testing documentation and training to maintain consistency of standards and adherence to enterprise requirements methodology within the team
What do you need to succeed?
• Relevant college, university, or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Business Analysis
• Minimum 5 years ServiceNow Platform experience as a BSA or QA
• Experience with ITIL best practices and procedures
• Proven experience with various project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and/or Agile
• Experience with QA software tools for defect management, regression, performance and automated testing
Nice to Have
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute –Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI – PBA)
• ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
• Experience in requirements planning and prioritization including stakeholder analysis and effort estimation, requirements elicitation techniques such as Document analysis, Interviews, Facilitated workshops, Observation, Prototyping, Focus groups, Surveys
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities. We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.