Senior Java Developer - Hybrid
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Java Developer - Hybrid
What is the opportunity?
The FI Trade Management team is responsible for development and support of the FI trade management platform and CAD Money Markets trading application (Monaco). The two applications provide critical trading functionality of pricing, ticketing, position/risk to FI Sales/Trading desks globally and Money Markets desk in Toronto. If YOU have a strong core Java, concurrency and distributed system development background, and want to apply your technical skills in creating a low-latency/high performance trading platform while gaining valuable exposure to the trading desk, this is a great opportunity.
What will you do?
- Work as a member of the global team to develop and support FI Trading applications including: trade processing, position and PNL calculations and market connectivity.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members (including developers and QA) to deliver projects in time and with good quality.
- Provide development/L3 production support along with other team members
What do you need to succeed?
- 4-6+ years of prior experience in coding (Java), concurrency programming, messaging (Solace preferred, but EMS/JMS considered, MQ), Spring and DB (SQL Server, Sybase or Oracle)
- Some previous Capital Markets industry experience, preferably FIC domain
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with exceptional communication skills required to interface with a highly-engaged client group
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (regular interaction with team members and stakeholders)
- Proven capabilities in effective management of tasks, multi-tasking and delivery focus.
- Prior experience in developing trading applications in Capital Markets (especially in Rates space) would be a huge asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Work on technically challenging and intellectually stimulating projects, where you can stretch your technical skills and demonstrate strong leadership
- Work in many interesting areas including low latency, high performance and high availability distributed platform
- Join a global team in growth mode and deliver critical trading functionality to Fixed Income Trading desks
- Opportunities to build strong working relationships with FI application leads and users
- Thrive and grow in the collaborative environment fostered at RBC.
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
United States of America
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities. We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.