Senior Technical Systems Analyst
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Technical Systems Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Acting as a Technical Systems Analyst within the SWIFT and High Value Payments team, you will be working on multiple enhancement and development projects impacting the portfolio of 3 mission critical vendor applications. You will partner across IT and business lines to assess, research and analyze business requirements to provide technical solutions that meet stakeholder needs and resolve issues. The long term focus would have the incumbent become proficient in all products as they will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and production support.
What will you do?
- Assess and analyze business and technical requirements in order to provide estimates on activities/tasks and establish detailed plans and timelines
- Effectively communicate solutions to a variety of stakeholder groups and participate actively in project discussions (status meetings, decision making, implementation and strategic planning)
- Interact with vendors to establish upgrade timelines (patches, and enhancements) and facilitate the resourcing for implementations
- Create, update and contribute to critical documentation relevant to the projects and within PLC requirements (SRS, TDD, Test Plans, Implementation Plans, etc) as well as security and architecture requirements as defined by each project
- Design, code (when required) and test all changes within scheduled timelines and provide testing support to our QE and business partners
- Participate in the design and implementation of the DevOps pipeline and monitoring and alerting systems
- Provide 7/24 production support on a rotating basis
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of on the job technical experience in an application development role having worked on projects
- Hands on knowledge of UNIX Scripting, UNIX, Oracle, SQL, WAS, MQ
- Knowledge of sanctions screening software
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies and tools to implement within the team
- The ability to take business language and translate into technical requirements and solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Middleware Technologies, VB6, Dynatrace, JCL
- Experience with SWIFT wire payments processing and the new SWIFT MX Formatting
- Experience working with vendor applications
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities. We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.