Lead Data Engineer - Hybrid - Calgary
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Lead Data Engineer - Hybrid - Calgary
What is the opportunity?
There is an opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer to join DNA DataServices, a highly sought-after area of the Bank known for its strong Engineering Talent, contributing to the build and deployment of advanced software producing highly accurate and advanced data driven insights. The incumbent will be a strong problem solver with advanced Engineering expertise in data and analytics and enjoys owning end to end deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Applies advanced Engineering techniques in Big Data, Software Development, and A.I.to create production-grade Software, that is scalable and highly available.
- Defines, designs, and implements all aspects of Data Products that produce highly accurate advanced insights fit to be used in the operational workflows of the Bank.
- Defines, implements, and monitors SRE metrics and ensures SLAs are strictly adhered.
- Takes ownership of end-to-end deliverables and ensures high quality software fulfilling all operational and functional requirements are delivered in a timely manner.
- Stays abreast of Technology trends, actively participates in tech-stack evaluations and selection, and contributes to deliverables end to end.
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ years’ experience as a software developer/software engineer and proficient in Java programming language using Spring Framework, and considerable exposure to distributed computing, Scala, and Apache Spark preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data structures, SQL and NoSQL Datastores
- Strong working experience building production grade software adhering to strict SLAs, highly available and scalable
- Experience in building APIs/RESTful services
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers, leading code review and design sessions
- A passion for simplifying and automating work, making things better, continuous learning, solving open-ended problems, improving efficiency and helping others
- Strong communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve issues
- Great attention to detail, organizational skills and an analytical mind
- Experience in real time event streaming platforms like Kafka
- Experience with public cloud (Microsoft Azure and AWS) and private cloud (IBM OpenShift) platforms and development of app
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities. We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.