Performance Test Analyst (Calgary, AB)
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Performance Test Analyst (Calgary, AB)
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RBC Wealth Management domain is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Performance Engineering (PE) Lead/Expert to join our department. RBC Wealth management Quality engineering team provides solutions to support enterprise wide performance engineering activities. As part of this we are looking for a PE Expert to help us enhance our ongoing engagements with the various Lines of Businesses and enable various quality engineering teams with-in RBC to leverage our expertise for their Performance testing needs. Successful candidate will serve as Performance Engineering Lead, responsible for delivery of Performance Testing solutions for both our Canadian and US Wealth Management applications.
- Provide subject matter specialist knowledge and solutions on performance testing strategies and chaos engineering best practices and industry standards.
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate Performance Test project activities from inception through completion of entire systems development lifecycle of multiple projects; including estimation, orchestration of Performance test strategy and plan, executions, analysis and result reporting.
- You should be able to determine performance testing scope in newer engagements by performing project artifact reviews and through discussions with the project teams.
- Introduce Performance testing in areas that are currently lacking by working closely with the application teams
- As a performance lead you would be performing analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance including capacity and memory usage.
- Participate in the assessment of new performance test tools to determine fit in the environment and develop scripts with automation capabilities in creation of test data for performance testing needs.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Serve as a Performance Test subject matter expert and the liaison between technical and non-technical personnel/BSA.
- Create and maintain Performance Test scripts for testing of developed applications
- Interact with development team to understand architecture and solution requirements
- Review and understand business requirements and use cases. Interpret business requirements and business rules related to RBC Wealth Management application environments and translate them into performance test attributes
- Work towards improvement of formal Performance Test processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Drive the creation of next generation testing processes, Performance Test, CI, release techniques and test infrastructure to improve on testing and to increase the speed of release cycles.
- Manage schedules and quality by overseeing Performance Test deliverables. Identify need for change, determine course of action and revise as appropriate.
- Work in conjunctions with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to Performance Test.
- Provide performance metrics to the projects leadership and support the life cycle of the change requests.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Minimum 4+ years of lead experience in Performance testing and Engineering with solid knowledge of Performance Testing tools like – Microfocus Loadrunner, JMeter/Neoload.
- Highly proficient in developing performance testing complex scripts (Custom codes/use of in-build functions) in Loadrunner tool and experience in executing different scenarios like – Load. Stress, Failover and endurance testing.
- At least 3+ years of experience in performance monitoring using Dynatrace/Appmon or other industry monitoring tools.
- Expertise in implementing Performance testing suite via CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar DevOps tool.
- Good understanding of NFR, Workload modelling and Performance scenario Design along with detailed understanding of the KPIs that are used to measure and calibrate performance in test and production.
- Ability to manage performance testing activities within large or multiple projects with changing priorities at an enterprise level.
- Experience in performance testing Kafka messages via Loadrunner/JMeter.
- Good to have experience in Java programming and having knowledge of Pyton/PowerShell or Shell scripting.
- Development experience is an asset.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities. We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.