Senior System Analyst
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior System Analyst
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
- The mandate of this role is to provision the Global onsite-offshore Front office application support team and provide support for Commodities and Futures applications and their interface with various vendors, upstream, downstream, infrastructure, database and more. This role requires candidate to drive strategic initiatives related to process improvement, release automation, proactive monitoring automation and enforcing compliance across the applications to drive down incidents and bring efficiency in the operations.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide leadership to the 20+ strong global application support team and ensure maximum uptime by providing continual 24x7 support. Candidate is responsible for the managing of trading applications like Commodities Openlink, SOA, Pricing Database, XTP, Seals and other small applications which support the trading systems.
- Candidate should be key contributor in defining Commodities and Futures Production Services organization vision, strategies and direction. You should be able to provide the leadership necessary to drive change and successfully execute organization's strategy
- Candidate overall responsibilities include supporting applications & infrastructure, working with business users, change management, incident & problem management, audit and compliance reviews, EOD batch monitoring, tasks automation, BCP testing, infrastructure planning and implementation
- Candidate would be working with Senior Management, Front office business users, Traders, Quants, Risk Managers, Product Control etc. groups located in various geographic locations. Candidate would be proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business, Review and comply with firm policies applicable to business activities
- Liaise with internal development teams and external vendors to resolve support issues, find root cause, document the process/steps and implement steps to avoid the repeat of issue. Demonstrate strong leadership of team, quick coordination of resources to resolve IT production incidents, Ensure logging of support incidents, hold Problem Review Meetings (PRMs) and track action items to closure
- Provide regular updates and status to all stakeholders on open issues, Ensures systems delivered to production environments meet enterprise quality requirements. Facilitate rollout of software components in production
- Proactively prepare for planned maintenance over weekends, DR exercise and all major roll-outs, Provide subject matter experience and guidance to team members, Provide feedback to Senior Management to improve enterprise process improvements
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line
Manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis
- Ensure that employees understand RBC vision, as well as support and reinforce targeted behaviors that contribute to RBC goals
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 7+ years of experience in IT. Minimum 3 years of experience in financial industry, prior Capital Markets/Futures experience.
- Strong knowledge of Commodities and Futures Products and Ability to work with Front office Business users
- Prior in depth experience in implementing and supporting large-scale production systems, end of day monitoring, root cause analysis and problem solving skill
- Knowledge of ITRS Geneos, Job Scheduler(CTRL-M), Windows
- Analyze existing systems and liaise with Business/Development team for system improvement
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- Knowledge of Devops and Cloud technologies
- Prior experience of leading Global Support team with onsite – offshore experience
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Reporting tools (Tableau etc.)
- Knowledge of Commodities and Futures Trading activities (Trade Flow/STP, PnL valuation/break), Market Data Feeds and knowledge of applications such as Openlink, XTP systems is highly desirable
- Programming in Python
- Experience of supporting MQ, SOLACE, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- 60% specialized application support, 20% user management, 20% team and vendor management
- Some weekend work as required for projects, Disaster Recovery tests, etc.
- Fast paced trading environment. Deliver to tight timelines
- 24x7 on-calls based on shift assigned for end of day monitoring
- Hybrid work modal 2/3 in office at the moment but could change in the future
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities. We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.