Senior Software Engineer- Data Ingestion Systems
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Data Ingestion team builds large scale, low latency systems for seamless data ingestion into Snowflake. We are building capabilities for several ingestion patterns including auto-ingestion, batch ingestion, and streaming ingestion. By innovating technologies for loading semi-structured and unstructured data, ability to seamlessly handle schema inference and evolution, we are enabling our customers to handle their diverse and ever increasing data needs. Some of the capabilities built by the team are described here. Come join us, we are in very early stages of building the ingestion systems of tomorrow.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of the largest customers.
- Partner closely with our Product team to understand requirements and design cutting edge new capabilities that go directly into customer’s hands.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability, and performance.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MOST OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years industry experience designing and building distributed data systems.
- Experience building enterprise grade, reliable and trustworthy software or services.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Fluency in Java or C++.
- Experience building systems for public or private clouds.
- Experience with SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.