Senior Software Engineer, Advanced Analytics
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our “Get It Done” culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
At the center of the data cloud is the Snowflake Database Engineering team. We are responsible for building the advanced analytics engine used to process the massive amounts of diverse data managed by our customers. This includes developing novel state-of-the-art query processing techniques for industry-leading performance, and building a database system that's highly efficient, performant, and scalable.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to join and grow the team.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Work on the design, development and support of a highly distributed and performant database system with a specific focus on Advanced Analytics foundations
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions relating to your team
- Translate product requirements into engineering work for your team
- Use your strong foundation as a technical leader to reliably deliver on complex projects while keeping the quality bar high
- Grow and lead junior engineers in the team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Rock solid engineering fundamentals with the focus on query processing and database internals
- Proven track record of leading large projects with the help of other team members
- Fluency in object-oriented programming
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- SQL or NoSQL time series optimization and query execution
- Building customer-facing data analysis features
- Designing and implementing time series analysis, streaming systems or observability systems at cloud scale
- Designing and implementing cloud-scale distributed system internals
WHY BE A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR DATABASE ENGINEERING AT SNOWFLAKE?
This is an excellent opportunity to:
- Work with an exceptional team of industry veterans and rising stars building the industry-leading data management system that customers love
- Take charge of your own career – this role will push you to grow as a technical leader
- Learn at scale as you deliver essential components of a highly distributed, robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services thousands of customers and more than a billion complex queries every day