Security Data Scientist
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Are you passionate about using data science to tackle complex cloud security challenges? Join Snowflake as a Senior Data Scientist and be at the forefront of shaping the future of cloud security solutions. As a senior member of our security data science team, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding Snowflake’s cloud platform and ensuring the highest level of security for our customers’ data.
AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL :
- Collaborate with security experts and cross-functional teams to identify and understand cloud security requirements. Work closely with the engineering teams to integrate data science solutions into Snowflake’s security infrastructure.
- Develop and implement advanced data analytics and machine learning models to detect and prevent security threats in the cloud environment.
- Analyze large amounts of messy data, work on data quality; design detection systems to proactively identify and respond to security incidents in real-time.
- Research and explore new data sources and technologies to enhance cloud security capabilities.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in cloud security and data science, and share knowledge with the team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE :
- High levels of curiosity and eager enthusiasm for open-ended problems
- Experience and interest in problem formulation based on relatively abstract information
- 5+ years experience applying machine learning or statistical modeling on large-scale datasets
- Deep understanding of the basic classes of ML algorithms and their underlying assumptions
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following topics: Anomaly Detection, Clustering, Time-Series Analysis & Forecasting, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Uncertainty Quantification
- 5+ years experience writing production-quality, scalable code using Python
- Expert level knowledge working with libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, etc., SQL and Airflow
- Familiarity with security frameworks, encryption techniques, and access control mechanisms in the cloud environment. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work on complex security projects independently.
- Demonstrate keen senses of ownership, collaboration and mentorship
- Ability to articulate results and complex concepts to leadership