Principal Data Scientist
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re looking for a talented Principal Data Scientist to come aboard and be part of Data Applications built on Snowflake. In this role, you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to uncover insights about how providers built data apps and customers use Snowflake and applications, helping to inform Product’s decision making and focus Engineering efforts. You will also work on long-running analytical initiatives marked by greater complexity and less structure that will yield substantial product enhancements. This is a strategic, high-impact role that will help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
AS A PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Drive high impactful initiatives for the global data application architecture and provide foundation for all critical telemetry and events to track data apps , its usage & consumption patterns
- Innovate and build data platforms to store, analyze sleuth through large amounts of data to uncover feature-usage patterns, subtle issues with the system, potential performance enhancements, and areas to improve user experience.
- Influence and collaborate closely with Engineers and Product Managers and executives to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities to create more value for our customers.
- Build framework and foundational high quality data pipelines , inform engineering for relevant instrumentation of telemetry events and architect the right data model for the product.
- Build native apps , dashboards/apps & analytical framework to help Engineering and Product Managers monitor performance and availability of our system.
- Answer questions from the executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- MS/Ph.D. in quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, or CS)
- Expert-level experience working with SQL and relational data (10+ years on a regular basis).
- 15+ years of experience with Python, including scikit-learn, numpy, and pandas.
- Expert in working with large-scale machine generated data (e.g., log, application, or customer-usage data).
- Heavy fluency with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Vertica, etc.
- Data storytelling , analysis & learnings to business leaders and technical stakeholders.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Must have prior experience in data application , apps , app store & marketplace.