Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
How do you make the world's most powerful Cloud Data Platform a delight to use? We are the fastest growing software company at this scale in history and looking to push that to new heights by building the single best visual user experience in the industry.
The Snowflake Data Cloud is the first to realize the full potential of the massive New Data Economy. We were the first to introduce truly frictionless data sharing, have a rapidly growing data marketplace and monetization platform, and are powering the most complete Analytics platform with a seamless and intuitive visual experience, powerful data visualizations, and world class management interface.
As the UI Architect, you will own building a unified experience across multiple Snowflake platforms. Bring your passion for delighting customers and deep experience building cutting edge web apps and help us build the future of the Data Cloud.
AS THE UI ARCHITECT YOU WILL:
- Be the voice of Product experiences in the company wide technical architects forum and participate in defining the future technical directions for the company.
- Define the architectural vision for the Experiences platform and ensure consistency of design abstractions across the entire product surface
- Develop innovative platform offerings, with a global mindset, and to operate across regional boundaries
- Promote strong collaboration within a cross functional team, including design, product management.
- Deliver features requiring close coordination with several sister teams such as data sharing, cloud infrastructure, and cross-region replication.
- Be a strong contributor to the product vision and drive team planning.
- Motivate others to act, creating a compelling vision for the future, communicating clearly, and using a collaborative leadership approach.
- Build for scale and high performance.
OUR IDEAL UI ARCHITECT WILL HAVE:
- Significant software development experience, including 15+ years of experience in product web UI application development and shipping world class experiences.
- Experience contributing to interactive dashboards and visualization platforms and/or rich interactive GIS applications desirable.
- Distributed system development experience is a big plus.
- Deep understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance and scale.
- Experience in the software development lifecycle process, including analysis and design, APIs, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience, such as being an architect or tech lead for high impact customer facing projects.
- Experience with Canvas, SVG and other visualization tools/libraries is a plus.
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE?
BUILDING CUTTING EDGE CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES IS COMPLEX, AND OUR ENGINEERING TEAM SURMOUNTS THE OBSTACLES. AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Build an industry-leading data platform that customers love.
- Create intuitive, elegant, and accessible user interfaces that make a powerful and highly technical product simple to use.
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.